I’m still catching up on loads of book reviews and awards when time away from my teaching and taking my own classes permits, so I want to say thank you to everyone who has nominated me for various awards since July until now for your patience with me as I play catch-up since I still only have time to post to my blog 1-2x a week and that likely will not change anytime soon. I promise to get to them as time allows, and I haven’t forgotten anyone 🙂 Again, thank all of you for thinking of me when you do nominate!!
I was nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by Kate @ Melting Pots And Other Calamities way back in early July!! I’m so sorry, Kate for just getting to it! I was also nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by one of my bestie blogger friends, Mischenko@Read, Rant, RockandRoll last week, so I’m combining both nominations into one post, or I know that I will take another 400 years to get them both done LOL! This is the first time that I have received this award, so I was both excited and honored to receive it 🙂
Kate, thank you so much for this award and thinking of me! Kate has a really fantastic blog that everyone should check out and hit that follow button! She has book reviews, tags, awards, anime reviews and recommendations. You won’t be disappointed! 🙂
Mischenko, thank you for the award!! Everyone go check out her blog, right now! It has a little bit of everything-reviews, discussions, music, tags, awards, recipes, you name it!! It’s fabulous, and you should definitely follow it 🙂
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
This award was originally created by Maggie @okoto enigma
“Mystery blogger award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image in your post.
- List all the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people and notify them.
- Link back to the creator of the award. (Okoto Enigma)
- Ask nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with a weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best/favorite post of yours.
Three Things About Myself:
- I love to bake!! Like, seriously love to bake! I’ve often seriously thought of opening a bakery, and I have been paid over the years to bake pies, cakes, etc for friends and family members. Opening a bakery would be a bad idea though since I’d eat it all LOL. I would so love some coconut cake now…
- I have an obsession with peanut butter. I could eat it all day: in a sandwich, on crackers, any dessert, it’s my favorite ice cream flavor, or I can eat it right out of the jar on a spoon (no double dipping, I promise!).
- Autumn is my favorite season, so I cannot wait for the next couple of weeks to get here! The colors are so beautiful in fall, and it is the perfect weather in NC since it stays in the 60s and sometimes low 70s! I love all the fall smells of cinnamon, cloves, pumpkin, apples, cranberries, and I always make sure my house smells fall-ish, whether it is a candle or something baking. I always think of fall as the beginning of the holiday season and start decorating for fall, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and then of course Christmas!!!
Questions by Kate:
1. What is the coolest handmade thing you’ve ever received? I mostly just get homemade food as gifts, which is always cool 🙂 A really great co-worker did crotchet me a beautiful baby blanket when I was pregnant with my daughter that I absolutely love. It’s not “cool” but it is lovely and special because she made it with love. But I do love getting homemade candy and cookies…
2. Is there a villain or antagonist that you can’t help but call a favorite character? If so, who? Professor Snape from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling! He was terrible to Harry and makes him just miserable when he could have helped him. But he redeems himself when reveals his forever love for Lily Potter and sacrifices himself to make sure Hogwarts and the students are safe.
3. What is a show, anime, or webcomic that desperately needs another season? Or a book that needs a sequel? There needs to be a sequel to Harry Potter! And not Harry Potter and the Cursed Child! I want a HP book that starts right where Deathly Hollows ends or maybe 5 years later or even where the characters are the age in the Cursed Child but actually about Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I just want more of them!!
5. What are some animations and/or webcomics that you think have some of the best art? I don’t really watch animations or read webcomics, so I’m afraid I can’t answer this one! 😦
5. (Weird/funny) Which character would you like to be from whatever you’re currently reading or watching? I’m reading several different books right now, so I’ll just pick 1! I’m reading Undead and Unforgiven by MaryJanice Davidson and since I l have been reading the series since book 1 (this is book 14), I’ve gotten to know Betsy, the Vampire Queen pretty well. She’s pretty ditzy, which is not me at all, but she is the queen of ALL vampires, and now she is running Hell! She’s also a vampire!! Oh, I said that! But I love vampires. Even more, I love strong female characters, and she is one when she is not being a ditz. And she loves shoes as much as I do. Having a gorgeous husband is another plus!
Questions by Mischenko:
1. What’s your ideal pet? I love most animals and have had dogs, cats, hamsters, fish, snakes, and horses for pets either growing up or as an adult. But if I had to just pick one, then I would go with a dog, which I never, ever thought I would say since I’m totally a cat person!! But dogs love unconditionally, they never judge, they fall in love with you over and over again, are great listeners, provide solace and comfort, and well, they just know what you need when you need it. They have the qualities that I hope I have as a friend.
2. What’s your favorite food? Too many to name since I love food! I’m a foodie! Right now I’m starving since I skipped breakfast and lunch so if I could eat what I was craving right now, it would be a huge hamburger with swiss cheese, sauteed mushrooms (in garlic and butter), a baked potato with everything on it-lots of cheese, mozzarella sticks for an appetizer (anyone think I have cravings for cheese right now??!!), and a HUGE piece of cheesecake, preferably peanut butter cup!
3. If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently? I usually don’t believe in do-over’s because I’m afraid of tempting fate, but to be honest, if I had the chance, I would go back and get my Ph.D. back when I was still at UNC finishing my Master’s degree at age 24 instead of finishing it now when I am 40, well, I will be 41 when I get it. It would have been so much easier to do it then when I was younger even though I thought it would have been impossible with 2 kids age 3 and 1, but I finished my MA with 2 babies and help from my parents and husband ALL 3 who were 20 years younger then too LOL. So it could have been done, and it just would have been simpler for so many reasons, but mainly because I didn’t live with chronic pain every day like I do now from my fibromyalgia that limits so much of what I do and makes everything more demanding to accomplish.
4. What is your favorite music? I have such an eclectic taste in music that it is impossible to say what is my favorite. I like everything from Bach, Mozart, Micheal Jackson, Keith Urban, Metallica, The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Micheal Buble, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Chris Cornell…and on, and on….I listen to whatever my mood dictates at the time 😉
5. Who do you most admire in life? My step-mom. She is the most amazing person that I know. She is kind, loving, generous, friendly, and has a steel back bone. Her marriage to my dad is her second, and she was horribly abused by her 1st husband. Horribly! As she has shared with me the stories of the things her 1st husband did to her, things that were so awful that caused her to never be able to have children, I have sobbed and raged for what she went through. I would never want to be able to be around a man I think after going through physical, mental, and emotional abuse like that. But she has such a loving, strong heart and soul that she has been able to move on from it, which she says she would never have been able to do without counseling, of course, and the love and support of my dad. I just am in awe of her and her spirit. I’m honored and humbled that she is my “mom” in every sense of the word except biologically.
As I always say when I make my nominations, please know that I’m nominating you because I appreciate you and your blogs! You are individuals that I admire and enjoy and support your blogs, so thank you! 🙂 Also, I know that not everyone participates in Awards and Tags, or some of you may have already done this award or been nominated for it and if you choose not to participate, then I completely understand! 🙂
- What is one thing that is on your bucket list (or thing you really want to do in your lifetime)?
- How would you describe yourself in a few words?
- What is your favorite book genre? Your least favorite?
- Describe the perfect relaxing evening.
- What is your guiltiest pleasure?