I know that I have been posting lots of awards this month, but I’m still working my way through the many awards that I have received this month. I wanted to do the Awesome Blogger Award next since it made me feel so awesome to receive it! I was nominated for my first ever Awesome Blogger Award(s) by my one of my best blogging buddies, Jay at this-is-my-truth-now and Des at Des’ Random’s Thoughts! Thank you, both for the nominations! You have both made me feel wonderful with this award, and I can’t tell you both how thankful that I am 🙂 Please go check out both their blogs! If you have been reading my blog for a while, then it’s no secret that I’m always sending people to Jay’s blog!! But you also need to check out Des’ blog too and hit that follow button 🙂
The award was created by Maggie at Dreaming of Guatemala who stated:
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Include the reason behind the award.
3. Include the banner in your post.
4. Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
5. Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
6. Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
7. Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
8. Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated.
Des’ Questions for me
- What is your favorite food? A nice cabernet sauvignon, different types of cheeses, a baguette with fresh butter, some fig tart and some chocolate mousse because you can never have too many desserts!
- TV series or movie adaptation? TV Series because they can do more with the adaptation since a series is longer than a movie
- Where are you from? I’m from the mountains of East Tennessee in a town called Gray that most people have never heard of. The population is a little over 1,000.
- If you could choose a skill you can master, what would it be? Writing skill without writer’s block and the ability to just write without it being torture at times. I love, love to write, but it can be the most difficult task in the world some days! I’d rather get a root canal when my writer’s block is really bad!! So just to be able to take the words that I can see in my head and write them down without torture would be a great skill to have!
- Any summer plans? My entire family took a 2 week vacation at the beach the beginning of June, but my daughter and I are taking August 5-15 as time by ourselves to stay with my cousin David and his partner near Asheville to relax, chill, and do absolutely nothing before I have to start classes and return to teaching on the 21st, and she starts 2nd grade. I’m really looking forward to the trip since David is absolutely my most favorite cousin and I adore Bob, plus I really love to visit the gorgeous Asheville area. And this visit is pretty special since it will give my daughter and me some much needed alone time before it is back to real life…..
- You can choose five artists/bands you’ll watch in one music festival, who are they? Bon Jovi, The Rolling Stones, Keith Urban, Maroon Five, and Adele
- What’s on top of your bucket list? To finish my Ph.D. next spring without having lost my marbles or driving my family crazy, lol…and graduating with my 4.0 GPA intact after all the hard work that I’ve done.
- Beach or mountain? The beach. Even if I never get into the water more than a toe, which is 7/10 times, watching the waves relaxes me and the sound and smell of the ocean air rejuvenates me.
- Least favorite social media platform? It would have to be Instagram and FB since I barely use them. I guess the last time I was on FB was to post pictures of my daughter blowing out her birthday candles in June. I used to be addicted to FB years ago, but now I just don’t care that much. I would probably use Instagram more if I took pictures more. I like Twitter because it’s in real time and there is so much more on there than your friends posting pics of their dinner every night.
- Aside from reading, what else do you do on your free time? Bake, spend time with family and friends, have an online shopping addiction, swim, do yoga, walk, listen to music, occasionally watch TV, order lots of takeout, and when school starts, I grade the mountains of essays and writings that 180 students produce and do boatloads of homework.
Jay’s Questions for me
- Tell us about your next planned vacation. Hahaha, that is ironic you asked that! Please, see question #5 from Des above 🙂
- Who is your favorite world leader and why? I’m terrible at following politics, and I’m not even sure who all the world leaders are. But Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau seems admirable from what I have read about him over the past couple of years, especially lately even though that is honestly not a lot. From what I have read, I agree with a lot of his views about healthcare, which I think right now is of monumental importance in the US. I also admire his views on environmental policies and his feminist views.
- Which book character is your dream significant other? Eric Northman from Charlaine Harris’s Southern Vampire series (True Blood) without a doubt!
- What is your normal wake-up time and go-to-sleep time? I don’t have one because I have such severe insomnia due to my fibromyalgia. I am a night owl anyway and like to be alone after everyone is asleep, so I have never gone to bed before 1 am as an adult. If I am having a good pain day, I fall asleep between 1 and 2 am. If I am having a blah pain day it is usually between 3-3:30 am. If the pain is really bad and keeping me awake, I am usually awake until 5-6am. In the summer, I usually sleep until around 10 am since that is how late my daughter sleeps. Once school starts, I will be up around 6 am to get myself prepared for morning classes and get my daughter off to school.
- What fable taught you the most in life? Hmm, the fable that I always remember the most is the Lion and the Mouse. I remember being little and reading it and first thinking that there was nothing a small mouse could do for such a mighty lion. Of course, I was wrong! It really did teach me that everyone deserves mercy and justice no matter who they were. Everyone deserves a second chance.
- What’s been the worst movie you’ve seen? Jeez, I am so not a big movie watcher, so this is pretty hard. I’m going with just about anything Sci-Fi that my husband has made me watch repeatedly I’m not big sci-fi fan and he knows it yet he watches the exact same movie over and over and over and over…well you get the idea so that even if I had an inkling of ever liking the movie I wouldn’t because he has ruined it by watching it 40x in one week!
- How do you really feel about social media? Not a big fan except for Twitter partially because I use it the most for my blog and partially because it has a lot of useful info just about everything! I think social media is a bit intrusive and can be dangerous at times and unless I choose to share my life with you, then I don’t want you in my business. I guess that doesn’t mean any of you, huh since I tell all of you loads of info!! ❤ ❤ ❤
- What does the world need to do more of? People need to stop being so mean and selfish. We are all in this together as one race, the human race, and all of us need to find and show more compassion, empathy, understanding of people who may be different, put aside differences of race, ethnicity, sex, gender because we are all the same no matter what we may look like, show love for one another, exhibit more diversity, show love for one’s self.
- If you could stop time every day for 30 minutes, would you do it even if you don’t know what the repercussions might be? No, I wouldn’t want to take the chance that the repercussions would hurt my family or loved ones.
- Do you have a secret crush on someone right now? And will you tell me who it is? I have a couple of celebrity crushes, does that count? Jon Bon Jovi will always be my 1st and most endearing celebrity crush.
As always, there is no pressure to do the awards, especially if you don’t do awards 🙂 Just know that I think you are an Awesome Blogger and deserve the award!
- What is something that you’ve always dreamed of doing but never have?
- What inspires you to blog?
- How do you like to spend a rainy day?
- What gift have you received that you will always treasure?
- What is the most important thing in your life right now?
- What would be a perfect afternoon for you?
- What book, movie or TV series have you seen/read recently you would recommend?
- What 5 words best describe you?
- As a child, what did you wish to become when you grew up?
- What is your favorite holiday? What do you like about it?