I’m slowly getting around to answering my award tags since during the month of July, I was truly blessed with several different awards. I’m beyond honored to everyone who nominated me and for this specific award, I have to say a special thank you to two very special people who nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award 🙂
First, I was nominated by Heather @Dinosaurs, Donkeys, and MS. Heather is amazing! She has been living with MS for 2 years now, but she has a wonderful spirit! We have much in common and have been talking quite a bit about what it is like living with a chronic illness…she with MS and me with Fibromyalgia. Both diseases share many of the same symptoms, similar triggers that worsen the symptoms, and even have similar treatments that help lessen symptoms, so it has been so nice to talk with her about what we’ve each experienced with our respective chronic illnesses. Not only that, but Heather is also a teacher, so we have that in common!! If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, then go do so now! You will find a lot of info about MS, living with all types of chronic illnesses, and her and Dizzy’s (her donkey) journey with MS.
Secondly, I was nominated by Lizzie @ Stellar Kitten Book Reviews for this very special award! Although Lizzie and I have not had much chance to chat yet, I do follow her blog and make sure that I check it out every single day. She is a very sweet person and has great content on her site. Besides her great book reviews, she has beautiful Fanart she has drawn, links to her Instagram with even more Fanart, tags, awards, and really great discussion posts! Please check out her site and make sure to hit that follow button!!
- Share the link of the blogger who has shown love to you by nominating you.
- Answer the questions.
- In the spirit of sharing love and solidarity with our blogging family, nominate 8-13 people for the same award.
- Ask them 3 questions.’
Heather’s Three Questions for Her Nominees:
- What’s your biggest dream in life? I’ve been battling chronic illness for all of my adult life with either my fibromyalgia or one of my other lifelong, chronic autoimmune disorders so my biggest dream would be threefold: 1) for people with chronic, invisible illness to find acceptance with the rest of the world-yes, even if we look or seem healthy does not mean we are not sick or do not feel extreme physical pain almost every single day of our lives. Fighting a chronic disease is hard enough without people thinking it is made up, all in our heads, or can easily be cured by some treatment they saw online when there is NO CURE. 2) To really be able to make a difference in the lives in people with chronic illness; I’d love to be able to set up a foundation that is for all chronic illnesses, not just specific ones that provides ongoing monetary support, medical care, mental and emotional support, family support and more. 3) For a cure to be found for all chronic illnesses so sufferers can have their lives back instead of having some good days in between all their bad days or in many people’s case, no good days at all.
- What’s your greatest achievement? My greatest achievement in life is my three children. They are all three kind, compassionate, empathetic, sensitive, loving, and intelligent kids. I watch them every day and just marvel that they are actually mine and came from me. Or I just observe the little things they do and say and am so proud! I’m so proud of who they have grown up to be: my oldest, especially who will be 20 in Sept and is so adult and so independent…how did that happen? And I’m proud of who they are growing up to be: I watch my 17-year-old who will be 18 next month, about to be a senior in high school, and just marvel at how he is on the cusp between boy and man…(don’t tell him that) and think how amazing he is, or I observe my daughter at age 7 and how she experiences so much joy, wonder, and delight in the world around her and marvel at her sweetness and her love for everything. Sure, they are far from perfect but if something happened to me tomorrow, I would be content in the knowledge that they would be okay without me and would continue to grow up to be amazing, delightful adults who would be someone who I would want to know and call my friend.
- If you discovered a new species of dinosaur what would you call it? Oh, tricky! That would depend on whether it was a meat eater or a plant eater I think. Hmm, I’m not sure that I would want to discover a new species of carnivore because my luck it would eat me before I could name it! So, we will go with a nice herbivore named Princess Kachconasaurus. Isn’t that a handful?? The princess was my daughter’s idea and the rest came from blending parts of my kid’s names together….yeah, I’m kinda in love with those three!
Lizzie’s Three Questions for Her Nominees:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? There are quite a few places! I really want to go to Australia since I’ve already been to most of Europe. That’s on the top of my list! My husband has this dream to do one of those Alaskan cruises, and he is not big on travel, so I’m going to say I want to go there too just to go with him anywhere. It looks like it is an amazingly beautiful trip, but I’m not sure about the cold! Then I would love to visit Hong Kong and other parts of Asia. I think that would be such a wonderful experience both culturally and aesthetically.
- If you could learn any skill instantly, what skill would you pick and why? Writing skill! Not that I can’t write, lol! But I always, always have the worst writer’s block unless I’m grading papers! Writing for me is a struggle at times; torture would be an even more apt description at certain times. I never struggled as an undergrad for my lit degree but once I hit grad school writer’s block hit hard. So, if I could immediately have the writing skill where I had no writer’s block and could put the words that are swimming around in my head smoothly and directly down on paper then I would be one very grateful and less stressed out writer wanna be!
- What’s the last movie you saw? I’m horrible with watching movies and tv, lol. But I’m pretty sure that the last movie that I saw was the new Wonder Woman movie, which was fantastic if you haven’t seen it! And I’m pretty sure that I haven’t seen a movie since then or even turned on my tv, lol. Wow…I know…pathetic.
Here are my nominees:
And as always, if you have already done this award or don’t do awards then feel free not to do this one!! Just know that I was thinking of you when making my nominations and I think every one of you does such a wonderful job with your blogs 🙂
- What is the one non-bookish thing that you absolutely cannot live without?
- What is the number one thing on your bucket list?
- What are the top four things you most appreciate in your life?