This was a tag that I saw on several sites and wanted to do it since it looked so interesting and although I planned on doing it anyway, I was officially tagged by Danielle@The Introverted Book Nerd after we were having a conversation about the tag, lol! Danielle is a real sweetheart and this is only her third week doing her book blog so if you don’t know Danielle and haven’t checked out her site, then please do and follow her!! She is doing an amazing job so far, and she is one of my favorite people 🙂
This is going to be a long tag, so let’s get started!!
What is the meaning of my name?
My name is Stephanie which according to names.org means “Crown” and its origin is French. Apparently, the story goes that since my parents didn’t know whether I was a boy or girl, my dad wanted a name that could easily be a boy or girl name, so Stephen was picked and quickly became Stephanie upon my arrival. Thank God I was a girl because I really wouldn’t want to be a boy named Stephen….
Oddly, my mom’s best friend had just had a daughter a month before that she also named Stephanie, so I’m not sure why there needed to be two of us since it was very confusing when I was little and we were playing as to which Stephanie was being talked to but whatever! She was mean anyway…
What is my Myer-Briggs Personality type? (Link)
I’ve known my Meyers-Brigg Personality type for years and years since I took as many psych classes as I could as an undergrad, and this is definitely me!! I’ve always thought it funny how INFJ’s are the rarest of all personality types, so that makes me pretty special, maybe? Or weird? I’m not quite sure now…
I am definitely an introvert although I thought I might be more introverted since I really prefer to be alone unless I’m with a close group of people. Being around too many people can actually overstimulate me and if that happens, I will have to take some serious time alone to decompress. I’m really bad at bottling my own emotions since I do like to be alone so much though and then I will get highly stressed and in turn, will not take care of myself the way I should. That only worsens my health, so I need to stop doing that…and I’ve been saying that for years, but…I’m stubborn and willful—is that on the personality test???
I do find that when it comes to making a decision that I rely mostly on my intuition (my gut instinct) and my feelings (what my heart tells me and what will not hurt the feelings of others around me. And I definitely evaluate things (judging) more than I perceive them in the way that I approach life: I have to make plans in a strict, detailed way and adhere to it instead of just going with the flow. I can get pretty freaked out if my plans fall through…now this doesn’t apply to daily life but things like my school work schedule (especially my school work schedule when I have assignments due), teaching planning schedule, and even my blog schedule.
What is my Zodiac sign? (Link)
My birthday is February 20th, so that makes me…
Color: Mauve, Lilac, Purple, Violet, Sea Green
Ruler: Neptune, Jupiter
Greatest Overall Compatibility: Virgo, Taurus
Lucky Numbers: 3, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24
Date Range: February 19 – March 20
- Strengths: Compassionate, artistic, intuitive, gentle, wise, musical
- Weaknesses: Fearful, overly trusting, sad, desire to escape reality, can be a victim or a martyr
- Pisces Likes: Being alone, sleeping, music, romance, visual media, swimming, spiritual themes
- Pisces Dislikes: Know-it-all, being criticized, the past coming back to haunt, cruelty of any kind
- Pisces are very friendly, so they often find themselves in a company of very different people. Pisces are selfless, they are always willing to help others, without hoping to get anything back.
- Pisces is a Water sign and as such this zodiac sign is characterized by empathy and expressed emotional capacity.
- Their ruling planet is Neptune, so Pisces are more intuitive than others and have an artistic talent. Neptune is connected to music, so Pisces reveal music preferences in the earliest stages of life. They are generous, compassionate and extremely faithful and caring.
- People born under the Pisces sign have an intuitive understanding of the life cycle and thus achieve the best emotional relationship with other beings.
- Pisces-born are known by their wisdom, but under the influence of Uranus, Pisces sometimes can take the role of a martyr, in order to catch the attention. Pisces are never judgmental and always forgiving. They are also known to be most tolerant of all the zodiac signs.
I knew of course that I was a Pisces but not everything about being a Pisces! This is all very interesting!! Pretty much everything this says about the Pisces sign accurately describes my personality, especially my likes and dislikes.
What is my Hogwarts House? (Link)
I love the Harry Potter books and movies so this will be fun to see what house I’m sorted into since I’ve never done that before! Let’s see where the sorting hat puts me….
Your in-depth results are:
Ravenclaw – 13
Hufflepuff – 10
Gryffindor – 10
Slytherin – 7
Interesting…if not a Gryffindor, that’s what I would have guessed I would be, so I was right! 🙂
What are my learning styles? (Link)
Your scores were:
- Visual 3
- Aural 4
- Read/Write 15
- Kinesthetic 3
You have a very strong read/write learning preference.
That makes a lot of sense, and that was something I already knew! I have to read everything to learn it best, which is probably one reason why I really enjoy taking online classes so much since most assignments are usually given in Word or PowerPoint 🙂 Visual learning just goes right out the window with me, lol.
Am I Right or Left Brain Dominant? (Link)
Nice to know I’m using both sides of my brain although I’m 100% sure that I use my left brain slightly more and all the other brain tests I’ve taken over the years have always said my left brain was dominate by about 65 % or more, so I’m not sure what happened here, lol!
What is my Blood Type?
I’m B+ and funnily enough so is my husband, which means all three of our kids have to be either B+ or O+…I love how blood typing works and used to love doing Punnett Squares in Biology for genotypes and phenotypes, lol.
Here is a website about blood types I saw Mischenko@ReadRantRock&Roll found on her blog when she did this tag that really describes your blood types, and I thought was really interesting! Thanks, for sharing it on your tag Mischenko, so other people can learn about their blood types and what it says about them!
Facts About B+ Blood Type:
- The Third Most Common Blood Type
- Inheritance Patterns: How is B Positive blood type inherited? If parental blood groups consist of O and B, the child’s blood group will either be O or B. If parental blood groups consist of O and AB, the child’s blood group will either be A or B.If parental blood groups consist of A and B, the child’s blood group will either be one of O, A, B, or AB.If parental blood groups consist of A and AB, the child’s blood group will either be one of A, B, or AB.If parental blood groups consist of B and B, the child’s blood group will either be O or B.If parental blood groups consist of B and AB, the child’s blood group will either be one of B, A, or AB.
If parental blood groups consist of AB and AB, the child’s blood group will either be one of A, B, or AB.
- Blood Type Compatibility: B+ Can Receive B+, B-, O+, and O-
- Blood Type Compatibility: B+ Can Only Be Given To B+ and AB+
- Plasma Type Compatibility: B Can Receive B and AB
- Has a Rh Factor: Rh Factor is an additional marker in the blood. This can be classified as either Rh positive or Rh negative. This marker is only used for genetic differences. A and B Positive blood type is Rh positive.
- Primary Challenges: The blood type is likely linked with sensitivity to B specific lectins in some foods, higher than normal cortisol levels in relation to stress, vulnerability to autoimmune diseases, and susceptibility to slow growing viruses like lupus. However, a healthy blood type B individual can have fewer risk to diseases and are believed to be more physically fit than other blood types.
- Blood Type B Personality: Individuals with blood type B have been described to learn best through listening, reflecting, and interpreting. They are also associated with being original, flexible, creative, mystical, idealistic, subjective, globally-oriented and people-oriented.
- Diet recommendation: It is encouraged for blood type B individuals to follow have highly beneficial foods like eggs, low-fat dairy, green vegetables and beneficial meats. On the other hand, foods that affect metabolism productivity like wheat, corn, peanuts, sesame seeds and tomatoes should be avoided. Chicken consumption should also be replaced with foods like lamb or goat. This is because chicken contains a Blood Type B Agglutinating lectin which may cause harm to the bloodstream resulting in immune disorders or strokes.
- Exercise Recommendations: Providing balance to meditative activities with physical activities is important in blood type B individuals. This will help maintain balance for mind and body challenges. It should not be aerobically intense but instead a mixture of mental challenges. Great examples would be hiking, cycling, golf, tennis and martial arts.
What Career Am I Meant to Have? (Link)
You have a skill for language, your imagination is vast and you are artistic and creative. Your brain is just overflowing with ideas, and all you have to do is get a piece of paper and share it with the world. You were born to turn words into magical stories.
Awesome, maybe I will write that book one day that I have been trying and wanting so badly to write for 20 years and really, really desperately want to write..it’s my secret desire to do, and I honestly just want to quit my job and do it! Oops, now it’s not such a secret desire anymore since all of you know about it! Maybe one day……<3
But right now, I just need to catch up on my book reviews, tags, awards, and think about my 300+ word thesis….argh!!
Which Divergent Faction Do I Belong In? (Link)
Right, this is hard to admit but I’ve never read the books or watched the Divergent movies, so I have no clue what this means…but here goes:
ERUDITE…I hope this is a good thing people!!??
What Does My Birth Order Say About Me? (Link)
I’m an only child, but there isn’t an option for that for some reason on that link which is weird since not everyone has siblings, so I found this about The Only Child here:
Jeanie Harris, of Auburn, California, says her daughter, Erin, has always been super creative. “When she was 4, hearing me complain about my nose always being cold, she made me a ‘nose warmer’ with a half walnut shell, cotton, and some string!” Because only children spend so much time alone, they’re self-entertainers and often tend to be the most creative of all birth orders.
In fact, Leman calls only children “Super Firstborns.” Like firstborns, they are confident, well spoken, pay enormous attention to detail, and tend to do well in school. Plus, spending so much time around grown-ups often makes onlies act like “little adults.” Only children have never had to compete for their parents’ attention or share toys with their siblings, so they do run the risk of developing a self-centered streak. They’re also used to feeling important and may have a hard time when things don’t necessarily go their way, Leman says. Because their role models are competent adults, onlies are even more susceptible to perfectionism than firstborns.
I feel like this is pretty accurate. I’m was definitely a self-entertainer as a child and spent all my time reading or playing with dolls. I did really well in school, so that is accurate. Also, someone who pays enormous attention to detail describes me to a tee. And yes, I never had to compete for my parent’s attention until they got divorced, so I would say that for a while I had a huge self-centered streak and always wanted what I wanted when I wanted it, but that might describe some only children and could just be because I always got what I wanted growing up when I asked for it until the BIG DIVORCE. I definitely feel like I need to strive for perfectionism but I’m not sure if that is only child syndrome or the consequences of living with a very strict, overbearing, controlling mother who expected perfectionism in pretty much everything.
I’m not going to tag anyone, but I would LOVE to see all of you do this tag!! It was so much fun, and I learned a lot about myself that I didn’t know before!! I can’t wait to see your answers since this is a great way to learn more about each other! If you do the tag, please make sure to pingback to me, so I can definitely see what your answers are 🙂