This has been a very blessed week for me with the wonderful awards! I’m very thankful to my fellow bloggers who think of me when it comes time to nominate for awards. I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by both Jay and Jo-Ann, both of whom I think of so highly and talk to almost every day, so I am doubly thankful for this honor! Thank you so much Jay@ThisisMyTruthNow and JoAnn@InspirationPie for nominating me for this very wonderful award given to blogs that bring a little bit of sunshine into your world every day! If you haven’t been to Jay’s site, then please stop by since he has wonderful content of all kinds: book reviews, challenges, author spotlights, and so much other excellent content! The same for Jo-Ann’s site; you must check out her daily walk and her inspirational content!
Here are the Rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Jay’s Questions for the Nominees:
- Which of the 7 deadly sins could you absolutely live with if you had to? Definitely, greed since I could drop a good $100 no problem on books a day. Or $45 on a single lipstick. I like to spend money, and I’ll admit it.
- Which of the 7 dwarfs are you most similar to? Definitely, sleepy because I have insomnia at night so during the day I’m often dozing.
- What state haven’t you lived in but would like to? I would like to live in South Carolina because I have vacationed there almost every summer t)for 3 decades and have just fallen in love with parts of the state over the years. I would love to live in Charleston because it is a gorgeous city and is so rich in history, which I love, and it is only about a 1 hour 30 min drive to Pawleys Island, SC where my family’s beach house is located. Win, win!
- Where do you see yourself in ten years that you believe you might actually achieve? In ten years I see myself finally having my doctorate degree since I should have that next year (yay!) and although I am already tenured and a senior professor where I currently teach, I see myself as being Administrative Head of the English Department in the next 2 years since that is my current goal, and I am on track for that promotion. We plan to move to Charleston, SC once my daughter starts 6th grade, which will be in 5 years, so I’m already planning that move in my head and logistically. I also plan on starting that book I’ve been dabbling at for the past two decades but have been too afraid to write; there comes a time when you just have to put fear aside and do it. Even if I am just writing it for myself and no one in the world ever reads it…that will be freeing in itself!
- Where do you see yourself in ten years that you hope happens but don’t think it will? I see myself retired, lol! But since I will have just turned 50 in 10 years, I don’t think that is feasible. Maybe in 15 if we don’t move to Charleston until my daughter graduates high school and I wait and retire from my position at the college. Something to consider since I don’t plan on working into my 60’s since I have a very set plan to retire, spend time with my kids, and travel the world!
- Who do you not know in person but think you’d best friends with? I think that I would be great friends with Jo-Ann from Inspiration Pie; I already feel like I know her! We have so much in common and great conversations! I would love to meet her in person because I know it would be great fun, and we would just laugh and crack up when we met! We would probably get in trouble, but we would have an excellent time! Oh, and Tina from Reading Between the Pages, and I would be great friends I think!! She and I also have much common! I think we would have fun together as well and have so much to talk about!! Ah, and Danielle from Books, Vertigo, and Tea, and I would have so much fun if we got together in person reading, having tea, and talking about all kinds of things! Wow, I could go on, but there isn’t time!!
- What Greek or Roman goddess or god is your favorite? Athena of course! The Greek goddess of wisdom, literature, and the arts 🙂
- When in time would you want to live that you have not been alive for? Oh, I would have loved to live during Tudor England and have been a lady-in-waiting to all of the queens of Henry VIII or Elizabeth I since that is one of my favorite times in history. But, I think that if I were, I would hope that I would look totally opposite to whatever Henry VIII found attractive because even in an alternative reality, there is no way that I would want him showing any interest in me! I like my head where it is…
- If you could only travel by 1 mode of transportation in the future, what would it be? I would still want to travel by car since it’s been a great way to travel so far; now if they fly that would be fine too. Though Floo Powder wouldn’t be too bad either.
- What website do you visit the most? Besides my own…it would probably have to be Goodreads or Amazon!
- How many cookies are too many cookies in one single sitting? If they are peanut butter cookies, then there can’t be too many of them in one sitting! Hmm, if they are chocolate chip, I am good with 4.
Jo-Ann’s Questions for the Nominees:
- What is your ideal vacation? As much as I love the beach vacation with my family, my ideal vacation right now would be just my husband and me going away together. I’d love for us to travel to the Provence region in France and rent a villa for a few weeks. There are so many places to visit like Avignon with its gorgeous art and architecture, the Roman ruins in Saint Remy, the gorgeous white beaches at Cassis, and lastly, see and smell gorgeous lavender fields in bloom!
- What do you love about yourself? I love that I love what I do and can happily say that I have a passion for my job and for learning even more about what I teach. Teaching English Lit is a passion of mine just like taking the classes for my doctorate degree is a passion. I love teaching my students the nuances of Shakespeare or how to study Poe through the psychological lens and seeing that student who signed up for the class just to get credit hours look up at me and go “ah hah” when they first hear John Donne’s sonnets or understand Walt Whitman. Or, when I am teaching Contemporary Lit, and we talk about Harry Potter…you know that gets them discussing and writing! It gives me joy to see their passion and to know that I inspired and helped create beauty in their words!
- What do wish you could change about yourself? I would love to change the fact I worry about everything all the time, non-stop. It’s something that I have done since I was a little girl, and it can be incapacitating at times. It’s honestly and admittedly an anxiety disorder, and I’ve seen therapists galore but of course, it doesn’t just go away. I have found ways to work through my worry and anxiety and strategies to make the worry easier, but it is always there even though some days are better than others. I hate that I have passed it to my daughter and both sons, and that is probably what I would change the most.
- What book are you reading now? I have read 72% of See What I Have Done but have more than 60% left to read in Swimming Lessons.
- What keeps you blogging? Well, I’ve only been blogging for 44 days, but I think what keeps me blogging is the people that I have met, I was so nervous when I started my blog, but I then started visiting other blogs and commenting, etc and everyone was so nice! Then I actually started getting followers! I don’t know what I expected with that, but people started liking my posts and commenting, and I felt like I was part of a community of people who liked the same things I did, and it made me feel a part of something special.
- You are having a relaxing evening. What are you doing? I’m either reading and drinking a cup of hot tea, taking a bubble bath in total solitude, or curled up with my dog Branna’s head in my lap like it always is, my daughter on one side, the rest of the family around, and watching a movie.
- Do you have pets? Yes, I have 2 dogs, Branna and Onyx, and a cat, Chloe, and they are all three my kids although Branna is my most special girl (don’t tell the other two or they might get jealous!).
- Favourite pizza toppings? Yummy! Onion, mushroom, tomato, and cheese. Add sausage if I am in the mood.
- Coffee, tea or wine or other? All three! But, not at the same time, hahaha!
- What is your favourite season? Fall! It’s the best temperature in NC since it is in the low to mid 60s most of the time, and I just adore the whole atmosphere of fall! Pumpkins, apples, the smell of baking, spiced candles, pumpkin flavored coffee (yummy!), and then decorating for Halloween!!!
- What is your favourite book genre? Oh, most definitely psychological thrillers, suspense, and mysteries! And I love historical fiction, especially based on English and French monarchs. I also enjoy some contemporary Adult and Women’s Fiction, but they really have to be by authors that I really enjoy or the subject matter has to catch my attention. And I can’t leave off classic British literature…I could read classic British lit anytime, oh, wait! I do that pretty much every day when I am teaching! But, seriously, I adore Christopher Marlowe, John Donne, Jane Austin, Milton, William Blake, Chaucer, Shakespeare…okay, I will stop now 🙂
Here are my nominees:
**To my nominees, please do not feel obligated to take part in this award if you do not want to but just know how much that I love and appreciate your lovely blogs!**
Jo-Ann@Inspiration Pie (I was tagging her before she nominated me 🙂 )
Here are My Questions:
- Do you prefer to read a series or standalone?
- What is your favorite book quote of all time or if you don’t have a favorite book quote, then a quote from a movie, etc that is your favorite?
- Tell us 3 random facts about you.
- What is your favorite flavor of ice cream or if you don’t like ice cream, then tell us what dessert you prefer?
- What is the one book that you would recommend that everyone read before they die? Why?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is the most important thing you’ve learned about blogging so far that you think is important new bloggers know?
- What are your most anticipated 2017 book releases for the rest of the year (Your top five)?
- What do you think is the most underrated book (or movie or tv series) that everyone should read or watch?
- Choose one book that you would like to completely forget whether it’s because you want to read it again for the first time (it was just that amazing) or because you thoroughly disliked it.
- What is your favorite book genre? Your least favorite?