This is my second Liebster Award nomination since I started my blog a little over a month ago, and I feel so blessed and thankful to Norin@Diary of a Bookfiend for nominating me for such an amazing award! Thank you, Norin, so much for thinking of me 🙂 If you haven’t checked out Norin’s blog, then, please do! She has a wonderful blog and fantastic book reviews! And, she is truly a sweetheart and wonderful person! 🙂
In case you aren’t familiar with the Liebster Award here is some information about it taken from Norin’s own Liebster’s Award Post, which she, in turn, excerpted from Mischenko@ReadRantRock&Roll post, who originally nominated Norin for the Liebster!
“Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved, dearest, sweetheart, or darling.
For bloggers, the Liebster Award is an online recognition given by other bloggers to new bloggers for enjoying or appreciating their work. It highlights up and coming blogs.
Here are the Rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Nominate 11 blogs.
- Notify those blogs of the nomination.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the 11 Questions:
- What inspired you to start blogging? I was inspired to start blogging because I love to read more than pretty much anything so that made me want to start my own blog because I wanted to have a special place of my very own where all my reviews would be in one place, a place that I could personalize and be creative with unlike Goodreads….like, well, my own blog :)! Another reason I started my blog was that I love to write, but I don’t get a chance to do that very often for fun just for work and classes, which is often pretty boring, so blogging lets me do explore the fun side of writing unless I have to write a not so fun review! Last, I started my blog because I really wanted to meet other people like me who love to read and understand why books are my passion since my husband and closest friends aren’t readers, yikes!
- Other than blogging, what are your passions in life? (name the top 1). That would have to be my family…my husband, our three kids (my two sons and daughter), my parents, and my 2 doggies, Branna and Onyx, and kitty Chloe! When I’m not reading, blogging, teaching, or attending school, I spend every moment that I can with them.
- Suppose you won a huge windfall that would surely last the rest of your life, what would you do with the money? Buy millions of books!? No, I wouldn’t spend it all on books! I would take a hiatus from teaching while I finish my Ph.D., so I would be able to spend more time with my family while finishing my degree. It has been a very real challenge attending school, teaching, and balancing family life, so I would try to make that easier on all of us. I would probably pay off both my car payment and the rest of our mortgage, so I wouldn’t have any big ticket monthly bills anymore. I would definitely donate a large amount of that money to animal no-kill shelters because I am a huge animal lover and also donate some for Alzheimer’s, cancer, Fibromyalgia, and heart disease research since all of those diseases impact myself or other family members. Then, I would make sure to have larger college funds for all three of my kids, so they would definitely be able to go to any school they wanted to attend and then I would put the rest of the money aside for anything I might need or just want. After that, I would just do what I do now and not change the way I live! I’m very happy with my life and lifestyle 🙂
- What is your favorite place to read? Either curled up on my sofa with my favorite cashmere afghan covering me or all cozy in my bed with the blankets piled high! Unless I’m here at the beach and then my favorite place to read is on the beach under an umbrella or in my hammock!
- Give me your tips to stay awake and keep reading at night when you’re awfully sleepy. Lol, well I have insomnia, so I’m probably not the right person to ask….but based on watching my teenagers trying to stay up all hours of the night, you drink lots of coffee or chug Mountain Dew!
- Which of the following do you see yourself fit as a reader – having multiple books going at the same time or single-mindedly focusing on one book? Oh, I have to have multiple books going at a time!! I will focus on one book even if I am reading several books at a time, but I want options, lol!
- How would you describe yourself in a few words? Yikes..okay! Introverted, Loyal, Sensitive, Creative, Compassionate, Overly-Stressed, Perfectionist, Hot-Tempered at times
- Are you athletic or good at sports? (because I’m NOT; I’m curious!) Definitely not athletic but not terrible at tennis although I hate playing sports but will watch them on TV if they are on.
- What is your go-to method to vent your stress? Meditation and deep breathing! And a nice hot cup of tea with milk and sugar if one is available! Yoga if I’m in a situation where I can do some yoga exercises. Screaming really loudly works well too! Or throwing things, but I don’t recommend that unless it is pillows. I went through an entire set of dishes in my 20’s before I learned to control my temper and stress throwing dishes….not a good method!
- Tell us the name of the city (or place) you have never visited but desperately want to. I have always really wanted to visit Iceland and see the black beaches. They are supposed to be stunning!
- Give me one thing that is on your bucket list (or thing you really want to do in your lifetime). I would really like to travel to Australia one day. Oh, and I would really like to read every single book on my TBR list before I die!
I hope that I don’t nominate anyone who has already received a Liebster Award but if I do, please forgive me! You can certainly participate again if you would like or please don’t feel obligated to do it if you don’t want to 🙂 I just want you to know that I really enjoy all of your blogs so much and wish you continued growth as you continue your blogging journey!
- Tina Woodbury@ Reading Between the Pages
- Fandomly Bookish
- Kyla@Seelie Pages
- Book Obsession
- Patty@Moohnshine’s Corner
- Kathy@The Novelty of Life
- Victoria@Coffee with Jane
- Kristin@Kristin Kraves Books
- The Ravenous Reader’s Random Thoughts
- Nina@Yeah I Read
My 11 Questions to the Nominees:
- If you could be any book character, what character would you be? Tell us what book the character is from and why you chose that character.
- What do you think is the worst book to movie adaption, in your opinion?
- Do you have a favorite classic literature author? If so, who is the author and what is your favorite book by that author?
- On average, how many books do you read in a month?
- Do you only read books because the synopsis sounds appealing or based on good reviews, or are there books you will read no matter what because the author is your favorites?
- Do you loan your books to friends and family? Or are they too sacred, and you are afraid you will never get them back or they will get ruined?
- Do you have a favorite reading memory to share with us?
- What five of your favorite books could you not live without if you were told you could only have just five books on your bookshelf or e-reader for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather watch a book to TV adaption or book to movie adaption?
- Do you prefer a vacation in the mountains or at the beach?
- Physical books or ebooks?