I’m thrilled to have been nominated for the Real Neat Blog Award by Jo at Inspiration Pie! Jo is a wonderful person, and she and I have a lot of fun talking to each other! It’s wonderful how much she and I have in common 🙂 You really should check out her blog; it’s full of amazing things! She has a “Real Neat Blog” too and if you want to see Jo’s answers to her award nomination and get to know more about her, then please, click here! Jo, thank you so much for the award!
This award is designed for people who have a ‘real neat blog’!
Those participating should:
- Put the award logo on your blog
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog, etc)
- Ask your nominees 7 questions
Here are Jo’s questions for her nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging? I’ve been blogging for exactly one month and 4 days 😊
2. What inspires you to blog?
To really connect with what I read and share my passion for reading with others
To focus on my love of writing because I just enjoy it
To meet other people who have my shared love of books
3. What is your favourite book genre? Psychological suspense/thrillers, mysteries of any kind, historical fiction, Southern gothic (think Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil), and fantasy. If you wrap all those up together, then you have the perfect book!
4. What are you reading now? Right now, I’m reading The Sunshine Sisters by Jane Green and The Salt House by Lisa Duffy. Both are really good, but The Salt House is phenomenal.
5. Are you and introvert or an extrovert? I’m definitely an introvert. I can spend days alone (besides family), and I even then I start to get a little on edge if people start to invade my space for too long. But, I love to talk to people so I can spend hours and hours talking even to perfect strangers. My husband calls me a motor mouth…I guess it really depends on my mood and the circumstances whether I want to be alone or with people although I will pick alone almost 90% of the time unless I just immediately click with a person. All my psychological testing and personality testing has never wavered at pegging me as in introvert 😉
6. Who is your favourite author? Oh, I have so many! Harlan Coben, Karen Slaughter, Lee Child, Lisa Scottoline, Jane Green, Karen White, Mary Kubica,—they are all old favorites! I’ve recently discovered some new favorites: Erin Kelly, Emily Carpenter, and Lisa Unger, and plan on reading everything they have written!
7. Where is your favourite place you’ve traveled to? Oh, that is tough considering I’ve been to over 20 countries. I would have to say Tuscany is one since it is one of the most gorgeous places that I have ever been. I dabble (that is being generous) at painting, and I wanted to stay and paint the sun over the vineyards. I could have stayed in Ireland forever, not only because the people are some of the nicest that I have ever met, but the scenery and just the magic of the place were unlike any that I had ever encountered. The history of London made it a favorite since I’m a huge English history buff. Oh, and the lavender fields of Provence, France is gorgeous. Just indescribable. I would love to try and paint that for sure no matter what the attempt looked like!
Here are my nominees but feel free to participate if you want to play along:
Here are my 7 questions for my nominees:
1. What movie adaption of a book do you like the most, and why?
2. What is the top thing on your bucket list?
3. Who is your favorite author, and why?
4. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
5. What was your first blog post about? Make sure to add the link!
6. What book have you read the most (that you can think of) or book that makes you the happiest to read?
7. Is there anything you would like to change about your blog? If so, what?