I was nominated by James @ ThisIsMyTruthNow for the One Lovely Blogger Award! Thank you, James. You are too kind! If you haven’t checked out James’s fantastic blog, you definitely should! It really is amazing; he has book reviews, film and television show reviews, his own collection of writing, challenges, and an assortment of other outstanding material! To get to know James better (He’s a nice, funny guy!), the answers to his One Lovely Blogger Award are right here-just click on the link!! 🙂
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
My Seven Facts:
- When I was an undergraduate, I taught afternoon PreK at a local preschool. It was a great experience since I love kids. I came very close to changing my major in college to elementary education because of my experience working with 4 and 5-year-olds, but I’m glad that I didn’t since I really enjoy my job teaching not only 18 and 19-year-olds but often my student’s ages will range anywhere from the early twenties to fifties. Last year I had a student finishing her degree at age 63, which was amazing, and she was terrific! 🙂 I love the diversity in ages, and they all teach me as much as I teach them if not more!
- I used to ride horses competitively when I was a teenager, both show jumping and dressage, so in graduate school, I worked at a local riding academy giving riding lessons to kids ages 5 and up, as well as taught dressage and jumping, which was so much fun! I actually miss it!
- I love to bake just about anything sweet but especially cakes or cupcakes because I love to decorate them fancy or fun with the frosting depending on my mood! It’s amazing all the things you can do with frosting and piping tips! Of course, I love to eat the frosting too!
- I have a lipstick addiction. A serious one. Right now in my purse, I have 17 lipsticks. No joke. And that’s just in the makeup bag that I carry. Except I have no other makeup in there but lipstick! In my bathroom, I have another 24 lipsticks. No, I’m not weird and keep track of my lipstick; I know exactly how many I have because my 6 yr old counted them this week and showed them all to my sister in law who laughed hysterically at me since almost every color is pretty much some variations of the exact same shades…berry, nudes, or plum but just in different brands or in glosses, mattes, sheer, or satin. Maybe there is help for people like me. The people at Sephora’s and Macy’s make-up counter love me! Sad really but probably cheaper than having a shoe addiction!
- When I was 7, I traveled to Europe for the 1st time with my parent’s on their month long vacation attempt to save their marriage (that didn’t work). Since then, I’ve traveled there 9 different times and visited 22 countries. Next year, my husband and I are visiting Italy for our anniversary, so I hope it will be a wonderful trip (I’ve been to Italy 3 times, and he has never been. I had to talk him into the trip since he wanted to do another Bahama cruise).
- I have severe insomnia because I suffer from severe fibromyalgia pain, nerve pain, and back and hip pain caused by a severe car accident 8 years ago that did permanent damage to both my back and hip (I’ve had back surgery, and I need hip surgery but am terribly stubborn.) So, most nights I can’t fall asleep until 4 or 5 am. Five hours of sleep is an awesome night’s sleep, but 3 is about my average! I do most of my reading when I’m wide awake in the middle of the night. My kids think I’m a vampire. I can live with that.
- Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I think I enjoy it more than my kids! Do I go overboard? Yes, definitely! Yes, my house is one of those….creepy decorations, the spooky noises, a fog machine, things that jump out at you! I pass out an entire candy bar to the trick or treaters (the good stuff too)! Of course, I dress up every year, and I’m already trying to think of my costume for this year! I’m getting excited just thinking about it!!
The Nominees Are:
Anyone who reads this and wants to participate! I have no idea who has already been nominated, and I don’t want to nominate anyone who might not want to participate or who may not have the time. Please, feel free to jump in and nominate yourself for the award since every single one of my followers deserves the One Lovely BloggerAward because you are all amazing and lovely 🙂
Have a wonderful day!!